Quantcast

HEMS on a MAC won't run

texasrotorhead texasrotorhead

HEMS on a MAC won't run

Hi,

I have a MACBOOK PRO with the latest version of OS X and the current version of JAVA and the HEMS will not launch and will not put a shortcut on my computer.  I have all updates installed and have restarted the computer several times.  I have followed the FAQ suggestions and the HEMS tool isn't listed in the JAVA Cache Viewer.

I'm brand new to MAC, so be gentle.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
ADDS Admin ADDS Admin

Re: HEMS on a MAC won't run

Hello,

We will need more information to troubleshoot your issue.  Were you
running the HEMS Tool before and it has just recently stopped working,
or is this the first time using the HEMS Tool?  Are you observing any
error messages when you launch?  Are you launching using a browser, if
so, which browser (version, etc.)?

First, can you launch the HEMS Tool directly from a command line,
instructions are found on the Help page under the link "Can I launch the
Flight Path Tool or HEMS Tool without a browser?"

Next, can you verify that you have read/write permissions set
appropriately on your user home directory (you can do a google search
for how to do this).

Lastly, can you try to launch this version of the HEMS Tool:
http://test.weather.aero/hems.jnlp

Regards,
Minna

http://adds-aviation-digital-data-service.966501.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Minna Win
NCAR
Fax:   302-497-8401
Nate Nate

Re: HEMS on a MAC won't run

Hello,

I too am having this problem with multiple computers, though using a PC running windows XP. We were running the HEMS tool before just fine and only in the last week to two weeks did it quit working. When we attempt to launch we are getting a java virtual machine launcher error: "could not create the virtual machine".  We have attempted to launch from internet explorer 8, google chrome, and firefox. We cannot launch directly from a command line. We have full read/write admin privileges on this computer and the others. We are able to launch the flight path tool no issues, and are also able to launch the test version of HEMS linked in the previous message. Our company computer support is unable to resolve this issue at this time, and think it may be due to an update from ADDS.

Thanks for your help!
ADDS Admin ADDS Admin

Re: HEMS on a MAC won't run

Hello,

Could you please follow the instructions for clearing your Java cache at
the FAQ/Help page:

     http://weather.aero/help

under the link "Having trouble launching the HEMS or Flight Path tool?".
  In addition, clear all your resources in the same manner by selecting
"Resources" in the "Show" menu in the upper left corner of the Java
Cache Viewer.

Then, try launching by entering the following on your command line:

javaws http://test.weather.aero/hems.jnlp

Regards,
Minna

On 08/23/2013 11:11 AM, Nate [via ADDS (Aviation Digital Data Service)]
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I too am having this problem with multiple computers, though using a PC
> running windows XP. We were running the HEMS tool before just fine and
> only in the last week to two weeks did it quit working. When we attempt
> to launch we are getting a java virtual machine launcher error: "could
> not create the virtual machine".  We have attempted to launch from
> internet explorer 8, google chrome, and firefox. We cannot launch
> directly from a command line. We have full read/write admin privileges
> on this computer and the others. We are able to launch the flight path
> tool no issues, and are also able to launch the test version of HEMS
> linked in the previous message. Our company computer support is unable
> to resolve this issue at this time, and think it may be due to an update
> from ADDS.
>
> Thanks for your help!

> <
> NAML
> <
http://adds-aviation-digital-data-service.966501.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Minna Win
NCAR
Research Applications Lab
Phone: 303-497-8423
Fax:   302-497-8401
Tx EMS Pilot Tx EMS Pilot

Re: HEMS on a MAC won't run

Hello,

I'm also running into this problem. I have cleared the JAVA cache and done everything in previous recommendations. When I run the "test" through the Terminal window I get the message shown below and when I run the HEMS.jnlp file from my downloads I a message that tells me that the ""hems.jnlp" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: http://test.weather.aero/hems.jnlp]
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)